Eggflip, 31 July, 2026

    That's the fried chicken sa- What? Come on, man, don't make me say it. That's dumber than saying "glizzy". I know people who say "glizzy". I do not respect them. No, I'm not going to say it. I have my dignity.
    What's that? The people need to know what it's called? OK, fine, it's called the Chicken *ugh* Sando *gagging sound*, listed on their menu as...

Crispy fried chicken - pickles, creamy CLUCK'N slaw, served on toasted milk bread with GochuJang aioli.

    ... for US$12, totaling US$14.28 after MN 9% sales tax and an automatically included (?) 10% gratuity.
    I rocked up into Eggflip about a quarter to nine am, asked if it was too early for the chicken sandwich, the guy said no, so I put my order in at the kiosk, and prepared to wait for the seven to eight minutes Eggflip's website says to prepare to wait for because they cook all their chicken fresh to order.
    So imagine my surprise when my sandwich is ready in half that time. Not a big deal. I remember when I worked at Burger King in high school that the chicken patties took only about three or four minutes in the deep frier.
    The sandwich is too big to eat while walking so I brought it back to the office and tucked in with some plasticware and the chicken is at goddamned room temperature. And dry. Dry as fuck. These motherfuckers just charged me fourteen goddamned dollars for microwaved yesterday's chicken.
    Say what you want about the "cluck'n" slaw, which was trash and sus; say what you want about the gochujang aioli, which was absolutely devoid of flavor, just like on their bland ass bulgogi burrito; say what you want about me trying to get a fried chicken sandwich before nine in the morning, which, hey, if I shouldn't have done that during breakfast hours, they shouldn't have made it available during breakfast hours; say anything you want, they still ran my debit card for fourteen dollars to give me reheated yesterday's chicken.
    I ate seven dollars worth, threw the rest in the trash. Fuck them.
    The pickles were OK. I picked those off and ate those but I've had better pickles.
    After this visit and the previous disappointment, I can say, with some authority, fuck this place. Don't go. Spend your money elsewhere.

Comments