Manny's Torta, 24 May 2019

   ¡¡¡PAVO!!!
   "Pavo" is Spanish for turkey and turkey is cheaper than chicken at Manny's Torta, and that's where I decided to go tonight instead of Wendy's which makes me shart and Arby's which is just too goddamned far away for what it is. Well, actually I went to the Midtown Global Market and just walked around for five minutes, looking at Taco Cat, Los Ocampo, Hot Indian Foods, a sushi joint, a deli that does soup but not sandwiches, and just generally being a mopey motherfucker before saying, "Fuck it, I've never been to Manny's. Kafe Nasty might have said something nice about this place. Let's give it a try."
   OK, so that turkey looks disappointing but it was full of roasted savory notes and, let me be quick about this because I'm about to finally watch Vertigo because I tried when I was twelve and it didn't take and everybody says it's a side A banger, this sandwich is a side A banger. You could taste the turkey as the root of the chord, the refried beans as the fifth, the avocado provided a major third voicing, and the chipotle pepper mayo was the minor seventh; that's right, this sandwich was a dominant seventh chord with the timbre of Ornette Coleman's sax provided by the (unseeded) jalapeño slices. Granted I couldn't taste the cheese but I can never taste the cheese. You know this about me.
   Look, I know these have been short, lately, but, for real, I'm about to watch Vertigo. You go give Manny your money. You won't be disappointed.

Comments