My Burger, 15 March 2019

   ♫ I told myself I would not go, even as I drove there. ♫
   That, mon frer, is the $6.45 "fish burger", which is a nasty ass name because the "burger" part of it makes me think of ground up fish pressed into a patty.
   So we're going to cut to the chase this time and then go off road. This thing tasted... Meh. It's a jumped-up Filet-O-Fish. Nothing fancy. $6.45 is $3.22½ too much for this. There was nothing wrong with it but it was wholly unremarkable and Miss Janie in reception expressed the same opinion: "It's just cod." But for real, if you've ever had a Filet-O-Fish, you've had this sandwich. Arby's is better.
   That's right, the official stance of Sandwich Bully is that Arby's makes a better fish filet sandwich than My Burger.
   Arby's.

   So, to go off road, I finally figured out why they biff my order at My Burger. See, anywhere else I order a burger or sandwich and I ask if I can get pickles on it, the cashier will (correctly) assume I want to add pickles. At my Burger, though, if I ask for pickles, they assume I mean only pickles. So when I asked for pickles on my fish sandwich (that came with lettuce and cheese), the lady asked, "Just pickles?"
   I had to say, "No, I want the tartar sauce and lettuce and cheese, too."
   "American cheese?"
   "Yeah."
   So this was why my burgers got fucked up half the time: I have to ask for everything that I want on the burger, not just the one thing I want added or subbed. (I frequently have to sub dill pickle for sweet pickle because they default to sweet like some sort of  deranged freaks. What kind of deep-down-hurt soul defaults to sweet pickles on burgers they serve to the public??)
   I also read that the fish sandwich skimps a bit on the tartar sauce and you do not skimp on tartar sauce with me, jack. It's my second favorite condiment behind tzatziki. So, I asked for extra tartar sauce and instead of putting it on the burger, the lady hands me a little cup, all prepped and ready to go, leaving me to infer that the extra tartar sauce is a frequent enough request necessitating pre-assembled cups.
   Turned out I needed only half the cup on my sandwich, so I dipped my fries in the other half and, well, it just wasn't good tartar sauce. It didn't taste off or anything, it just wasn't good.
   Not much to report today.
   If you live outside the Twin Cities, just go to McDonald's, you'll get the same thing for half the price. Better yet, go to Arby's. Arby's is better.

Comments