Quick Rundown of the Last Week

Rally’s, 21 July

After an archery lesson, I had the Champ with Cheese combo because, man, those fries. This was a big deal for me because the last time I had Rally’s was in Bowling Green, OH thirteen years ago back when Tom Laughlin (McLaughlin? It’s been a long time.) would just hand me an extra large Dr. Pepper with no ice so I could “cold cock the cotton mouth” and I think this might be the only location in Minnesota.
Good times.

Frank from Philly, 22 July

Don’t tell my doctor.
Well, you know what? As per the conversations I’ve had with at least a half dozen different people this week, I’m not telling him shit, either.
As for how this was, it was like every other time I’ve been there, only this time it was after I got a slice from Jakeeno’s which I’ve never had because I can’t remember which girlfriend it was that once said, “Fuck Jakeeno’s,” and I’m not even entirely sure it wasn’t the one I’m with right now so I’m not sure if I’m cheating on her or not by going to Jakeeno’s behind her back. But it’s like the kimchi: As long as I don’t bring the farts to her, my belly can go out and play. Or something.
Let’s not allude to picking up an STD on this sandwich blog again. At least not until next time.

Taqueria Victor Hugo (Truck), 26 July

Got the tinga burrito, got a dangerous case of the itis.
Full, rich smokey flavor, lovely texture, and that mild green sauce fucks.
I don’t fuck with food trucks generally and the last time I did was a major let down but this was really good, as good as the brick and mortar location. If you see their truck, hit it up.

Grumpy’s (Downtown), 27 July

I went there because they had a Reuben and a Cuban on the menu and my plan was to ask for the recommendation. But the bartender informed me that they’re going through a transitional phase right now so those weren’t on the menu. I could get a quarter pounder with fries for $8.50, though. So I went with that.
I’m not going to talk shit about it because they are in whatever it is a transitional phase is so things weren’t phenomenal. Bald-face honesty? It was pretty clearly a patty you could pick up in one of those block from the super market and then pan fry at home which isn’t bad but isn’t what you go out for either.

Comments