Cafe Limon, 1 September 2018

Last night, went to Cafe Limon to grab a bite. GF got tacos pastor and I went with a torta carne asada. Not to be derogatory - no, I’m not going to get racist, shut up. Not to be derogatory, it was basically a high quality cheeseburger with avocado and jalapeño on it.
The steak was chopped medium and cooked well, the queso blanco was stretchy like oaxaca cheese, the mayo was tangy. The tomato was crisp and tart, the jalapeños were visible and added a little tang, the avocado was there to say, “Hi.” I mean, what do you want? It was avocado. You know how avocado tastes. A little creamy, a little eggy, a little like something that could always use a little salt. Avocado…
The lettuce…
It’s the joke that never gets old! You see, I type “Lettuce” and then, right underneath it, I use a picture of Lettuce from Phoneshop! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But, yeah, it was good, everything came out in just the right serving size. I sampled some of the pastor that fell out of GF’s tacos and thought maybe I should have gotten pastor instead but I still liked the carne asade. Everything was also reasonably priced. Go give them your money.

Oh, wait, you were waiting on me to say something about some degenerate I used to “smoke drugs” with back in the day or make a pop culture reference or feebly shout down our current regime or explain why, again, Taylor Swift won’t let me see my children or something, is that it?
Well, first of all, Taylor Swift is not the mother of my children and that schemin’ bitch knows to quit lyin’; I was there, my lawyers were there, her lawyers were there, the judge was there, the stenographer was there, the notary public was there; just because she was on speaker phone doesn’t make the gag order any less real.
Second of all, I’m pretty much writing this on a break between an eighteen mile bike ride and lifting weights, so my brain is elsewhere, OK? Just go to Cafe Limon and give them your money and then pop around the corner and hit up The Movies on 35th St while they’re still open. They’re the last video store in Minneapolis and they’re selling off their whole stock as they prepare to close permanently. Give them your money, too.

Comments