Pizza Lucé, 11 May 2018

I’d never had a muffuletta before and I know some of you want to scream at me for that because omg it’s soh good, how have you not had one? You’re like that weirdo rock climber chick I went on two dates with who omg-how-have-you-not’d every other thing I said before trying to steal my phone.
Anyway, never had a muffuletta before and I didn’t want to do the Looch because, well, you can see the pic up there. The Looch does (what I call) sandwich slaw* on all their hoagies. But I read up on the muffuletta and the Looch only does half the meats and half the cheese, so we’re not going to get authenticity. May as well just bite the bullet and go get this damned thing so I can say I’ve had this olive salad component and that I am at least vaguely aware of what a muffuletta might be.
So let me start by saying this much: The Italian sub at the Looch is not an Italian sub. It is a club sandwich that uses pepperoni instead of bacon. For real, it has turkey and cheddar on it. It tastes like a club sandwich.
The muffuletta tastes like an Italian sub.

What? Oh. No, that was the review. It tastes like an Italian sub but, uh, I don’t know… with a bunch of shitty olives on it. Is that what you were waiting for? For me to talk some shit about the olives? I can tell you that focaccia was dry as the desert.
I like Lucé’s pizzas and their artichoke dip will make you cry but their sandwiches have a pretty low batting average with me. I’m sure some people love them. Probably swear by them. Me? Not so much.

Why are you still here? There is nothing else to say about this muffuletta. I’ve said everything I could about this muffuletta. Look, sometimes I just don’t have a diatribe. This is a fucking sandwich tumblr. What do you want me to say? It’s just the Looch.

* lettuce, tomato, mayo, and, in this instance, peppers, onion, and Italian dressing

Comments