Sorrento Cucina Due, 23 March 2017

I’m not a fan of talking shit. I didn’t like it when I talked shit about Skyway Wok and it took me a minute to realize it was perfectly OK to talk shit about B*wiched because - well, we’ve been over that. And Lu’s. Goddamn you, Lu’s.
Today I went to my Italian beef hookup because I wanted to try their Italian sausage.
OK, so, I order it, they’re out of links. They give me two half-links on a hoagie roll.
I order the combo. I ask for chips. They’re out of chips. I opt for salad, they give me the little side salad, a 2½” X 2½” X 2 container of romaine lettuce.
Boss man, I guess, realized that they’d just had two strikes and asked me if I wanted cheese on my lettuce. I said sure. It was a pretty generous topping of parmigiano-reggiano, honestly.
No drink. It’s called a combo, it doesn’t come with a drink. I stop off at a convenience store on my way back to the office and grab a can of V8 because I’m starting to get self-conscious about my gut again.
I get back to the office and unwrap my sandwich. Two half links slathered in marinara and buried under a mountain of giardiniera and sautéed bell peppers and white onions. I went to tuck this fucker in and -
Every veggie on the sandwich was balls cold.
And most of it fell on the wrapper, so I was able to put them on my lettuce bucket and have something close to a real salad.
Going forward, I’m sticking with the Italian beef.

Comments